Thursday, January 21, 2016

Day 4: Find your Compass!

Ok, so the last few day I have shot everything, learned some new things and been watching tutorials from Lynda.com about photography and how to grow your business and keep learning.  The best bit of advice that I have heard so far is to “find your compass”…What, I had never had anything put this was before.  It spoke so loudly to me that I have heard it ringing in my ears ever since…and since then I have decided what I am doing. It is so funny that it can all change in one night, one tiny thought.  Amazing.  This photographer when on to explain how he thinks photographers should have more than one avenue for making money and he gave me some great ideas that I belive are going to help give me great focus.

  1. Find My Compass:  What type of photography do I was to be in?
     
  2. Give my self a badge to be curious:  Create a Wedding Blog about weddings!  This gives me a reason to get out there and talk to other vendors and people about the blog and my own business
  3. Keep an archive of photographs of my Area, that may be sold in the future.

So I bought my new domain today, I have an idea for a website and I have my first interview next week…A new jeweler in town who does custom jewelry and is a very sweet guy!

I am so excited about this.


Learning is not always technical…We can learn so much from each other! 

Things to Grow on! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment