Monday, January 18, 2016

Doing it (Photography) everyday! A reminder to myself.

It’s been a while…Since I’ve blogged and since I’ve been serious about my craft.  Which leaves me with my next thought…As a photographer, how important is it to keep shooting? 

A bit of back story about the last 3.5 years.  Life got busy, I was married, I had a baby, went back to school, I became sick and I had to step away from school.  And all in 3.5 years!  It seems that I should have just had a little focus and I would be that much further in my career as a photographer.  What if I had just been married and had a baby while still working on just my photography?  I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’ve still shot weddings and couples and babies…my baby, and kids and families.  But I muddied up the water with all of the other things in life that your told that you need to accomplish. 
What if I had just listened to my self and not other people.  Well, this year, 2016, that is what I intend to do. Listen to the person who knows me best, me!

Back to my question, is shooting important? As a photographer it is VERY important to keep shoot, no matter the subject.  Over the last 8 years, I know that I have become a world apart from where I began.  I started this journey as a girl who wanted to pull away from the life she had 10 years a
go as a videographer with her ex-husband and I move into my own creative life as a photographer and a singleton.  When I first began, I am not ashamed to say that I would shoot with the auto settings on my camera.  I am now proud to say that now I never shoot in auto, only manual mode.  I also know that through the last 3 years with having ups and down in terms of shooting, that you can become rusty with anything!  So again, keep shooting. 

Be that photographer who gets up early once a week to go and shoot the sunrise or the fog that has rolled in to your valley in the morning.  Be that photographer who is the first person in the freshly fallen snow.  That is my desire for 2016, to be that first photographer more often than not. 

I want to get into the habit of shooting once a day, at least one picture a day…with me its never just one.  I want to learn even more about my off camera lighting and get more clients than ever!  I want to get better about blogging and getting my work out there…even if I think its silly and no one will care…I just want to do it.  Why?  Not for popularity or becoming known or to get anything from anyone.  I just want to make myself better for myself and for my future clients.  I want to remind my self that it is ok to fail because in failing we learn and we get up and we do it better.  The only way that I will truly fail and do myself an injustice is if I fail and do not get up and dust myself off. 

So, this is just for me (and anyone else who might need to hear it), “Shoot something every day! Get better everyday!  You can do it”


-T

BTW- if you are among the 2-3 people who may view this first blog back and you want to have a look at my website for Aris Affairs Photography please do!  I am based in Prescott, Az, but I do work all over our lovely Arizona including Phoenix, Cave Creek, Sedona, and Flagstaff.  I also love being the photographer that gets to check out new places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment