Wednesday, January 20, 2016

RAW and Lightroom! YAY day 3 :)

Day 3:  I’ve made it 3 days!  Yay!

So, last night I started playing with RAW again.  I say again because it’s been quite a while since I have wanted to mess with RAW.  A few years ago it was such a pain…at least from what I knew.  I had to have a special program to open them and it did not seem to make that much of a difference when I was editing.  Well, apparently within our digital age all of that has changed.

Lightroom has made it that much more amazing to shoot in RAW and I am very excited to say the least about shooting my next wedding!  I’ve decided that I am going to keep shooting at least one image a day and edit it and hopefully learn a new technique every day. 
Last night I shot a small scene with each of my children and they are not perfect but I am excited none the less.  They are fun for me at least!    

The Great thing about RAW vs JPEG in Lightroom is the ability to change more.  You get even more options when editing RAW vs JPEG.  One example is the White balance option is even better and the dropper seems to work even better then when in jpeg. 
I was going everything by hand and then putting in into  Photoshop to get an even better edit.  Learning the inside outs are going to cut down on my editing time even more.

Even though I am not a novice and I do have amazing clients, I still am looking forward to learning more and growing my business this year.  I want to give my clients a Photographer and a Pro that knows her stuff.  Not one who became busy and comfortable and did not keep up on her craft. (*This is me talking to my self again, so no judgments please…I am sure that I’m not the only mom out there who has ever had this problem.)

I used Lightroom to do a main edit and then I popped them into Photoshop to do some extra editing.  I can’t wait to learn even more about Lightroom through my journey this year.  And, I cannot wait to see the difference in my photos in a few months.

On a side note…Another thing that I have been working on is a 5 part mini program about creating themed sessions and pricing them…I am really interested in trying to sell some mini sessions this year and see if I can learn to market them correctly and make a profit. 

Here’s to a great 2016!  I got this!


Below are the two pictures from last night’s shenanigans






Befor











                                                                                                              After

                                                                                                                                                                                   BeforeAfter



I hope you can see the difference!

-Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment