Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It's official, I learned something new! - I Got This!


It’s officially day one! 

Today I woke up and got on my FB.  I was recently given the advice to limit my self to one hour a day for my social media posts.  It all made sense, it can take up so much of ones day!  So, That will become a bit of advice for you…that is, if anyone is listening.  Limit your tasks to start making room for important things…like learning.

I went on to watch a one hour Tutorial from Cole’s Classroom.  It was about 7 Lightroom shortcuts.  I am very excited to say that I did learn some things!  I’ve been using Lightroom for years now and I now know some new steps that are going to make it that much easier.  Like something as simple as the heal tool…Of course I have used this many times, but! I did not know that you could simply click and drag and vuala! you could fix an entire area rather than just one spot.  Amazing!

Next was the simplicity of the white balance dropper tool...That is easy to play with and so much more simple than playing with the sliders.

Then came pasting presets or a look you just created to a batch of similarly lit photos, hello, this was so great, I wanted to slap myself for not knowing it sooner!
-For this step, you simply edit a picture then hold down shift and click to the end of your like photos.  Then right click on that batch, go to development setting and click on paste!
It will apply your amazing look to all of the photos that you’ve just selected you can quickly save them all at once as well my keeping them selected when you export.

Now, if you new this info already, great for you!  I did not so I am giving myself a pat on the back today…I learned something new...Which is the point of me doing this!

Good Day!

I learned something new today that will help my editing become faster and more efficient.

If you would like to take a look at my Photography skills please visit my website for Aris Affairs Photography.  I do wedding photography, Family Portraits, and More!

These are two of my pics from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment